Sell Books Online Now!

Author Tips for Saving Money

I’m a firm believer in clipping coupons and shopping at sales, but there are other things you can do to save money while still enjoying your life.


Something I like to do is make copy-cat recipes of favorite restaurant food. When you cook at home, it costs a fraction of the price of eating out. A family favorite at my house is the Benihana fried rice I make using the recipe from the Benihana website! You can do a search for copy-cat recipes for your favorite restaurants and see if your family likes it better when you make it.

Write down everything you spend in one week, and the next week try to take spend 10% less than the previous week. Then the following week see if you can take 10% from that week. Or you can even try cutting your spending in half.

Limit your shopping as much as possible. I once heard someone say, “What the eye sees, the heart wants,” and I find that very true. If I’m in a store, I find myself wanting everything I see, so the trick for me is to stay out of the stores as much as possible.

What are some money-saving tips you have? I’d love to hear from you! Please write to me here or at http://www.jexbo.com/.