Sell Books Online Now!

Why Writers Should be Thankful

This is the time of year when many Americans look back over the past year and remember things they’re thankful for. If you’re a writer, here are some things you could specifically be thankful for:

If you’re living in the United States, you should be thankful that you live in a country that allows you to write what you like. You can express yourself in writing without having to worry that you will be punished or threatened by writing something that disagrees with someone else.

You should be thankful that you actually doing something that many people dream of doing. So many people say, “I could write a book,” but they don’t. You have taken a step well beyond what most people do.

You should also be thankful that you’re sharing your story and knowledge with readers and touching their lives. Just as you can probably look to certain authors and think, “that book changed how I think about things,” others can look at your book and say your book changed them.

As for me, I’m thankful for all the wonderful self-published authors I’ve met and talked to and whose books I’ve read. You have also changed my life.