Sell Books Online Now!

Self-published Author Interview-Kelly Murphy

Today we’re talking to author Kelly Murphy. Here’s what she has to say:


Tell us about your self-published book and where it is available.

Hi, my name is Kelly Murphy. I was born and raised in Hamilton, Ohio till age 12. My book starts of memories I had from when my dad shot my mother in the mouth while laying beside her when I was three. My grandmother tried to raise me the best she could but was an alcoholic, and I went through about 32 foster homes from age 3 to 15. I went through a rape from 7 guys and also had a subarachnoid hemorrhaging on both sides of my brain. I was on total life support and totally brain dead. It talks about how through it all I have had Faith in the Lord and he was all I had.

I have a child with Aspergers/Autism and have two live births, my son and my daughter. My second book talks of the boy I took in that no one wanted. I had forgiven my father for what he had done and tried to get to know him, big mistakes, but I have answers I have always wanted and needed. I don’t have a good education so had a big fear, but when God brought me back for my children, He told me to write my memories while I still had them.

I am so blessed to be here today. Even though I have problem with reading, I was given the gift to write. My first book is called “ A World With No End From Beginning And Continuing” and is available at any online bookstore (and can be ordered at any bookstore). You can also go directly at www.Xlibris.com and get it paperback or e-book.

Why did you decide to self-publish?

Well, I had a company that read and wanted to publish it but I didn’t have the $4,000 they wanted to do it all for me. I didn’t do well in school and needed an editor. I decided that my spelling didn’t matter but what did was the story behind it.

I feel these books are my calling in life and what I was meant to do is help others, so I decided that I would self publish so I could go ahead and help someone. And money-wise, I needed to take steps because I did not have $4,000 all at once. Trying to raise three children and get things done is a big task.

What was your biggest challenge to overcome in self-publishing your book and why?

Knowing that I needed an editor because of my spelling and grammar. I, at times, had low self-esteem when reliving my life to write the story - because I had a very hard life to overcome.

What has been the best part about self-publishing your book and why?

The convenience of doing the money part in steps, because I have always needed help financially, and I can get my story out to help others at the same time.

What advice do you have for other writers who are self-publishing their book?

Don’t let anything stand in your way no matter how different you may be. Write things down all the time and don’t ever give up on your dreams,  ever!

Is there anything you would like to add?

I would like to say that I'm sorry for all the mistakes in the first book. My editor didn’t do a good job, but the next book will have a better editor. Thanks for taking the time to let me share some of my life with you but you have to read it to know it all.


Thanks for sharing your information and inspiring story with us Kelly. Good luck with book sales!