Sell Books Online Now!

Self-Published Author Interview Series – Colleen Rae

In today’s self-published interview series, we caught up briefly with self-published author, Colleen Rae about her book, “Mohave Mambo.” Here’s what Colleen had to say:

Tell us about your self-published book and where it is available.

“Mohave Mambo” is an adventure, suspense novel about exotic dancer, Lola Raines from Las Vegas, who witnesses a murder and must flee for her life. She hides out in a small town in AZ, meets a cowboy, falls in love and begins a new life, unaware that a killer is on her trail.

The book is available in three book stores locally; Tree House Books and Readers World Books in Holland, MI and Saugatuck Bank Bookstore in Saugatuck, MI. Also, it is available on my website; www.colleenraesnovels.com.

Why did you self-publish your book?

I decided to publish after I had tried for two years to attract an agent or small publisher without success.

What was your biggest challenge to overcome in self-publishing your book and why?

My biggest challenge with self-publishing is the marketing end of it. I find it very difficult even though I do readings/book signings and try to consign my books to different bookstores.

What advice do you have for other writers who are self-publishing their book?

I would advise other writers who wish to self-publish to go for it, but have a marketing plan in place, if possible.

Thanks for your quick tips Colleen, and we wish you all the best with your self-published book!

How about you? Do need assistance marketing and selling your self-published book online? Check out the free marketing we offer self-published authors at www.jexbo.com or send me a note. I can help!