Sell Books Online Now!

Self-Published Author Interview Series – Angeline Boyer

Today, we have the pleasure of discovering about the self-publishing experience from Angeline Boyer, author of a series of self-published books called the “Missing Peace.” Here’s what Angeline had to say:

Tell us about your self-published book.

I have created a series called the Missing Peace, which includes over 10 different books that help improve lives through yoga techniques. These books are targeted to a variety of different audiences with topics ranging from Yoga Techniques to Help You Sleep Better to Improve Your Golf With Yoga Techniques. They are all available on Amazon.com and by special order in all major bookstores. I have self-published all of these books through my publishing company, Princeton Design Group, Inc.

Why did you decide to self-publish?

Many authors are reluctant to go through the process of “traditional” publishing as it takes a significant amount of time to send query letters to publishing houses in the hopes that the book is right for the house.

On the contrary, my primary concern was that I wanted to remain in complete control on the creative, publishing, and marketing aspects of my book. I had a specific goal for each of my books, and I did not want the publishing house to decide what needs to be changed in regards to the content of the books. I have a passion to convey certain messages to the readers and I wanted to maintain that.

What was your biggest challenge to overcome in self-publishing your books?

Self-publishing a book involves a significant investment in time and money. It is important to stay focused and maintain the willpower to keep going as a self-publisher and overcome the hurdles that come your way. In spite of my initial inexperience and difficulties in the industry, I kept my determination to face the challenges.

How did you overcome these challenges?

I was able to overcome these challenges through patience, hard work, and perseverance. The success I experienced as each of my books were published motivated me to continue.

What has been the best part about self-publishing your books?

The best part is my sense of accomplishment I experienced after publishing my first book. I have used my previous experience to perfect the process, and it has ultimately created the opportunity for me to be able to publish more material at anytime in the future.

What advice do you have for other writers who are self-publishing their books?

As an author, it is important to conduct a thorough and careful review of your objectives before you begin the self-publishing process. Fully research your publishable materials, chalk out a publishing plan and be flexible enough to tweak it as you go along. Do not be driven by simply the success of completion. Take it step by step. Fulfill your passion of writing and publishing and your success shall follow.

Is there anything else?

Please visit www.amazon.com or my web site (http://thevitalbreath.com/) for more information.

Thanks for your insights Angeline, and we wish you all the best with your future book sales!

How about you? Do need assistance marketing and selling your self-published book online? Check out the free marketing we offer self-published authors at www.jexbo.com or send me a note. I can help!

Thanks!