Sell Books Online Now!

Self-Published Author Interview Series – Tina Alwood

Today, we talk to Tina Alwood, self-published author of “Isabella Learns to Be Thankful.”

Tell us about your self-published book.

My first book, “Isabella Learns To Be Thankful was released at the end of May. The second book, “Isabella Learns To Share” will be available soon, and the others will follow later this year.

Isabella is five years old, and she is learning all these lessons with the help of her family.

Why did you decide to self-publish?

I self-published because I didn’t want to go through the steps needed to have someone publish for me. I wanted the books out now. I do have 22 more titles and would like to have them published. Publishing is expensive, and I would not be able to afford to publish and market that many titles.

What was your biggest challenge to overcome in self-publishing your book and why?

I did not have any challenges in self publishing. I am working with a company, authorhouse, and they have been outstanding.

What has been the best part about self-publishing your book and why?

The best part of self-publishing my book is learning the book business first hand. I know the ins and outs of what it takes to publish and market a book. It’s a lot of hard work and effort but certainly worth the satisfaction of seeing your work in print and able to share it with others.

What advice do you have for other writers who are self-publishing their book?

My advice to other authors that want to self-publish is to find a company that will offer you marketing. Most brick and mortar stores will not put self-published books on their shelves. You will have to do the marketing yourself and get your book out there. If the publishing company offers a good marketing kit or marketing advice, this is a very important tool in the process.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

If you want to make money on your books, you have to consider marketing your book as a job, not a hobby. Every day, I make contacts with bookstores, magazines, TV, newspapers, etc. to market my book. The more people see it out there, the more intrigued they will be to buy it.

Thanks for your insights Tina, and all the best with your books!



How about you? Do need assistance marketing and selling your self-published book online? Check out the free marketing we offer self-published authors at www.jexbo.com or send me a note here. Thanks.