Sell Books Online Now!

Self-Published Book Author - Interview with Saheem Wright

Today we’re talking to author Saheem Wright. Here’s what he has to say:


Tell us about yourself, and your self-published book and where it is available.

I’m from Chicago, born and raised. What made me start writing was the reality I was living in. My mother was doing drugs and my father was in jail most of my life. We lived in one of the worst parts of Chicago so writing helped me escape that.

Why did you decide to self-publish?

What made me decide to publish was as the years went on, I kept writing about things I’d seen, things I’ve been through and things my friends have been through. Like, I wrote something about my friend that lost her baby very tragically. Her baby was only two years old and ran in the street and got hit by a car. I thought people should know that. My book is available at amazon.com, barns&noble.com and iuniverse.com.

What was your biggest challenge to overcome in self-publishing your book and why?

My biggest challenge was getting it prepared, putting it all together, because this is years and years of my thoughts.

What has been the best part about self-publishing your book and why?

The best part about publishing my book is getting my story out and letting people know what I went through as a child. The hand I was dealt I had to play, and you can rise above all.

What advice do you have for other writers who are self-publishing their book?

My advice for new writers is to take your time, know what you want to say and tell your story.

Thanks for sharing your information with us Saheem, and good luck with book sales!


Do you have questions about self-publishing your book, please write to me here or at http://www.jexbo.com/.