Sell Books Online Now!

Interview with Self-Published Author and Motivational Speaker Daryl Wizelman

Today, you are in for a treat because we are talking to Daryl Wizelman. Daryl is a leadership, corporate culture, emotional intelligence, life planning and work/life balance motivational speaker who consults with companies, associations, professional athletes, sports teams and individuals all over the world. Here’s what Daryl had to say about his self-published book:


Tell us about your self-published book.

“Heart Leader: A Personal Journey to the Heart of Business and Life,” combines inspirational stories and valuable lessons learned from 20 years of business leadership. Published in April 2010, Heart Leader contains numerous practical tools that can be immediately implemented by readers to improve their careers, businesses, relationships and lives. My personal journey, recollected in the book, is a roller-coaster of success, failure, joy and pain, and serves as an inspiration for my readers.

Why did you decide to self-publish?

Self publishing gave me the artistic freedom to write what I wanted to write and choose the book cover art that I wanted.

What was your biggest challenge to overcome in self-publishing your book and why?

Not having a traditional publisher meant that I would have to secure my own press opportunities through a PR firm. The firm I hired JS2 has done a great job for me as a first time writer who isn't a celebrity.

What has been the best part about self-publishing your book and why?

I got to write and published exactly what I wanted the reader to read.

What advice do you have for other writers who are self-publishing their book?

If you can afford to hire a PR firm, then it is a must to get the book out to media. There is an organic element but I believe that fire is started through PR.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

Writing is liberating and cathartic. If you have something to say, say it with pride.

Thanks for your words of wisdom Daryl. To find our more about Daryl and his book, visit http://www.darylwizelman.com/.


And if you have questions about self-publishing, or want your book featured on this blog, please write to me here or at http://www.jexbo.com/. I’d love to hear from you! Thanks.